AlvaradoSmith represents a broad array of institutional clients in a full spectrum of transactional and litigation matters that affect public agencies, including municipalities, universities and colleges, school districts, utilities, and other public agencies.
We’re a full service law firm that helps public institutions on everything from employment to environmental law, from government pension funds to personal property damage, and everything in between.
We handle your case with the speed and efficiency of a nimble, resourceful law firm, but with the understanding of the particular challenges governmental bodies habitually face.
We’re in your corner to help you do the right thing. We recognize public agencies are held to a higher standard and we work with you to ensure that standard is upheld. We’re ready to litigate when we need to, but we also search relentlessly for other innovative solutions that might have a more cost-effective and positive impact.
Our Government and Regulatory practice has included:
- Civil prosecution of conflict of interest cases involving Government Code Section 1090, including alleged breaches of public integrity by elected officials and/or vendors
- Providing advice and drafting of ordinances, resolutions, contracts, deeds, leases and other legal documents
- Representation of several school districts and community colleges in the acquisition and construction of various school sites
- Providing advice, guidance, and representation relating to Public Records Act, Ralph M. Brown Act, Public Contract Code, Government Code and related statutes
- Representation in litigation involving tort defense, and employment law claims of civil service hearings, including grievance issues, sexual harassment, age discrimination, prevailing wage rates, and other public employment issues
- Serving as CEQA counsel on public projects involving environmental impact report processes
- Providing advice on public and private entities on issues involving affordable housing, transportation, regulatory, bankruptcy and administrative law matters
Representative clients, past and present, include:
Group Leader: Raul Salinas